2010-07-18

Week 3 in Review

Whew. Sunday night already?  Okay, short and sweet—here is what I accomplished this week:

  • I read everything posted to the message board by 2100CDT today. I contributed 13 posts of my own, including starting the “Nuts & Bolts” section, which seems to be serving as my own personal help-desk.
  • I started a Twitter account, but don’t yet have a vision for how I want to use it. I’m following two people and three organizations. I’m not sure that this is my medium, but I’ll give it a fair try over the next three weeks.
  • I made six posts to my blog, counting this one. The posts that took the most energy to create are not the ones drawing comments—I’m not sure what to thing about that. I feel a little like I’m singing opera in the shower.
  • I put an embarrassingly large amount of time into following three forums. For the one in which I am an “active participant”, I find myself putting a large effort into researching my topics before I post. This is a lot like work!
  • I’m almost three days behind on reading my classmates’ blogs. Quite frankly the time went into the forums I am following for the Web 2.0 Community Observations assignment.
But hey, I also tore-down and rebuilt an irrigation pump this weekend! (We need rain….)

1 comment:

  1. It is a challenge to keep up with! Thank goodness it is interesting material, otherwise I am sure it would be even more tenuous. I am catching up with blogs, but really need to get back in and read everyone's posts. Things are hectic in and out of school right now, which make it even more of a stretch. I WILL be very careful before undertaking another 6 week course...lol

    ReplyDelete